Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Misadventure #4 - Favorite Words

As siblings go, Isaac and Vivi are pretty typical in that they disagree all the time. Which songs to listen to in the car. Whose side of the couch is whose. At times, their disagreements make the walls vibrate. However, they agree on having the same two favorite words – “Mama” and “Daddy”. As in:

“Mama, can I have a snack?”

“Daddy, can I have a cup?”

“Mama, can we have pizza?”

“Daddy, can we watch a show?”

“Mama, when’s Daddy coming home?”

“Daddy, where are we going?”

“Mama, where’s Daddy?”

“Daddy, where Mama?”

“Mama, um…Mama…Mama, um, when…um…can I have a snack?”

They’ve become masters of addressing us. They practice their art like I used to practice chords and scales. They understand that true proficiency comes from diligence and repetition. And their mother and I are about to welcome a third child, possibly a fourth. Sheesh!

No comments: