Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Readers




Sorry I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. As many of you know, Laurie and I became foster parents to Isaac's biological brother, J. For those of you who don't know, Laurie and I became foster parents to Isaac's biological brother, J.

He's been home for a little over a week now and has been getting better everyday. We're thrilled that he's home and are thankful for everyday he's here. At this time, we have no idea whether or not we will have the opportunity to adopt him (but we sure hope so).

Having a third child has been a real trip. Isaac and Vivi love having a little brother. And having a little one again has given Laurie a great purpose. "Remember how I sometimes wish we could have Isaac as a little two-year-old back?" she says. Frankly I don't spend much time reminiscing about diapers and car seats and "Daddy said don't touch that!" But Laurie does, and now she has her toddler again.

Seriously, two-year-olds are so much fun. He gets so excited about everything. A new toy, a slice of watermelon, everything he sees is as if for the first time. "See!" he shouts at everything. "You see!" His voice is high-pitched and insistent. Even after I acknowledge him, "Yes, I see. Your ice cream has sprinkles," he insists, "You see!"

Got a meeting with CPS this Tuesday - a formality really. But there's a chance we could meet the birthmom Isaac and J share. Oh, man, what a trip that would be. Check y'all later.

Oh, Laurie is much better about updating her blog than I am. Check it out.

1 comment:

Evan Alejandro said...

My wife and I are finishing up our first adoption with a boy from guatemala and have talked about domestic vs ethopia adoption.
I was moved by your article in adoptive families mag,
If I could ask you a question, the black/ white issue was it anything that made you think a lot on.

Thanks for the article

Scott ( detroit )